Fedora 9 Alpha Out
Fedora Project continues it’s rapid pace of Free software innovation with the release of Fedora 9 Alpha. While other distributions are beginning to adopt PulseAudio and PolicyKit, we are again one step ahead with new projects like FreeIPA. Red Hat continues to be the largest contributor to the Linux kernel, it has also contributed major improvements like the new GNOME VFS layer – GIO/GVFS that is part of the alpha release.
Some major highlights of Fedora 9 Alpha include
* Support for resizing ext2,ext3 and NTFS partitions during installation
* Support for creating and installing to encrypted filesystems
* Faster and more efficient yum dependency resolver
* FreeIPA, an integrated solution combining Linux, Fedora Directory Server, FreeRADIUS, MIT Kerberos, NTP, DNS and providing web and commandline provisioning and administration tools.
* GNOME 2.21 Development Release
* KDE 4.0
* Firefox 3 Beta 2
* Kernel 2.6.24
.. and many more.