FUDCon India Aug 23rd 2011 face to face meeting minutes
Present: Rahul, Satya, Shakthi, Shreyank, Siddesh, Kashyap, Kushal, Amit, PJP
- PJP to go to ‘hidden place’ today.
- Water — Confirm with caterers about the water cans/bottles during the event.
- talk to Murty about water, cold drinks, chips
- to check with Coffee Day/Barista — probably have a stall?
- more updates from murty today (Rahul to talk)
- power strips
- can possibly buy more – Rahul to figure this out today
- coep might have power strips, talk to them to get them – Suchakra, 2 days
- data cards problematic
+ Atleast 10 Red Hatters can bring their personal data cards.
- power strips can be arranged for. (only 10)
- Rahul to talk about setting up a Fedora Mirror.
coep – this weekend
- how many plug points does it have? – Suchakra, 2 days
- another meet this week, meet the Director (Shakthi will talk to Prof Abhijit)
- Get the FUDCon website updated with appropriate feeds
- twitter – saleem – today
- flickr feed – shrink – link today; next week – flickr api
- Shreyank owner for a while
- Saleem fixed register links on website
- APAC site should be ready to be sent to sponsors (rahul to do this today)
- front page image to be fixed
- Shreyank will get this updated by next Tuesday (16 Aug)
- fix colours
- remove dead links
- logo/pictures to be replaced
- link to flickr stream for photos from coep, magarpatta, etc.
- add good aggregation options – rss, twitter
- make front page look good
- this link will go to sponsors, speakers
- content isn’t a problem right now
- content going to the wiki.
- people encouraged to add / review content on the wiki
Voting Software: – Rahul (tomorrow)
- Rahul build for EPEL. Will file an RFR with Fedora infrastruture team.
- Rahul to nudge for Tshirts
- current design: http://suchakra.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-designs/fudcon-india-tee.png
- FUDCon Pune henna logo to be used on front side of t-shirt
- Consider black and blue colours for tshirt b/g
- move the back pattern as backdrop for the entire back — consider different designs if tshirt colour changes
- poster: needs to be updated duffy pointed out contrast too low in image.
- no free lunch. (for students/non-speakers?)
- can be figured out once we get closer to the event (depends on how many more sponsorship requests we approve)
More sponsorship requests
- Amit to find out if we have more budget for flights / stay for 4-5 more people
- some people asking if they should book flights or if someone from org committee will book. Satya will followup
- buttons ₹14 each
- Kushal: get quotes for mugs
- Key-Chains, T shirts
- Talk to K.K travels about taxi from Mumbai to Pune return trip. (Shreyank) – 2 days
- shrink to talk to shravan about cabs, lunch and posters
Shakthi will talk to Prof. Abhijit about best dates to arrange FAD – tentative timeframe was 1st and last week of Oct.
Satya: To contact Cocoon to figure out whether they can serve breakfast before 7:30 AM